Inside: Clutter-free gift guide for adults with 41+ ideas to give this year!
As I move further along our simple living journey I struggle with what to do about gifts. Specifically I struggle with Christmas gifts.
Do you struggle too?
We have all been the recipient of something that ended up just causing clutter. It’s not the gift giver’s fault. The gift just ended up not being something that was useful or beautiful to you in your point in life.
And that is ok!
On the flip side, as much as I try to match my gift to the recipient, I am sure some of my gifts have ended up in that clutter category as well.
Gift giving can be tricky!
Today I want to share several clutter-free gift ideas for the minimalists in your life.
To make the most of these gifts I encourage you to think about the recipient and their interests. Take note of what they talk about – they will often give you clues as to what they might need and/or want.
This year, let’s try to gift something that the recipient absolutely loves and finds valuable!
These fun little boxes are a fantastic way to send a little love to your friend, mom or sister in the mail! I have tried Rocksbox and Book of the Month and it’s so much fun to receive a little package in the mail. I have heard awesome things about Stitch Fix and I think it’s a great option for women trying to develop their own style and capsule wardrobe.
We are definitely in the digital age! Most people don’t buy CD’s or movies anymore. They use streaming services to listen or watch or even read online. A digital subscription is a great option for your friends to get all the music, TV, movies and even books in one spot!
- iTunes – collection of books, apps, music and even streaming audio
- Amazon Prime – I love our Amazon prime! We use it for streaming music, TV, movies, reading books, and free 2-day shipping on tons of items. I mostly use the free shipping for baby products and paper goods.
- Amazon Kindle Unlimited – Unlimited reading from over 1 million ebooks.
- Audible – World’s largest selection of digital audiobooks and spoken word content. With Audible, customers can listen anytime and anywhere to professionally-narrated audiobooks across a wide range of genres.
Healthy Living Subscription
- Meditation app – I use and love Headspace! You can gift someone a monthly subscription to try it out.
- Meal planning subscription – I would love a gift like this! It would take the stress out of meal planning for sure! One option is eMeals.
These are an awesome idea because the gift receiver gets to actually do something with your gift! Here are a few ideas:
- Concert passes
- Movie passes
- Play tickets
This would be ideal for someone with young kiddos to get them out of the house. With two young kiddos I know how stir crazy kids get when trapped inside. Having a spot you know you can go to on those crazy days to change up the scenery is a great thing to have! Here are a few ideas:
- Botanical gardens
- Play place
For the Minimalist Home
Just because you focus on removing the excess from your home and only have the essentials, doesn’t mean you don’t enjoy beautiful decor or useful equipment in the kitchen. This list has a few of my favorite decor pieces, books to read and utensils I use on a regular basis.
- Fresh flower delivery – I recently learned about Farm Girl Flowers and they look beautiful!
- Framed art print with one of your favorite quotes. Here are a few I love:
- Books – these can be tough if you don’t know the person’s taste in reading material, but I think a nice hardcover book, especially a new release, is a great gift. Here are a few of my favorites about simple living:
- Photo Books – I make one of these every year for the Grandparents and they love them!
Education/Learn Something New
There are so many options for learning something new, whether you want to learn virtually or in person. And there are classes on just about every topic you could want to learn about!
- Crafts – painting, sewing, paper crafts, hand lettering and so much more
- Fitness – yoga, HIIT, pilates, etc
- Cooking – baking, knife skills, etc.
- Business – finances, marketing, etc.
- Photography – iPhone, DSLR, editing, etc.
- Writing – fiction, non-fiction, editing, etc.
- Painting class like Brush or Painting with a Twist – do a google search for your area and you’ll find something!
- Sports lessons – think tennis, golf, swimming, etc.
Sometimes a gift card is the best way to go. This is especially great if you have to travel to see your family or a family member is traveling to see you and they don’t want to carry back a bunch of physical gifts. Some ideas to think about:
- Massage – with Groupon you can get a gift card for a local spa
- Manicure / pedicure – again try Groupon for a local spa for the gift receiver
- Favorite coffee shop + a yeti coffee mug (my husband and I absolutely LOVE our yeti mugs – they are great for hot or cold drinks!)
- Gift card to print photos or create photo products
- Favorite restaurant gift card
Gift of Time
The gift of your time is absolutely clutter free and a little bit can go a long way. Here are a couple ideas to get you thinking!
- Offer to babysit their kiddos
- Make dinner one night
- Offer to shovel their driveway
What is on your gift giving list this year?
I hope you can find something from this list that will bless someone this year rather than clutter up their homes. Let me know what you found in the comments below!
And then PIN this post for later!