School is back in session. College football is the hype of Saturdays. The leaves are starting the change colors. The temperatures are cooler and you need to break out your hoodies. The smell of pumpkin enters your nostrils as you walk around the bakery section of the grocery store.
These are some of my favorite parts of the fall season. I LOVE the fall. It’s probably my favorite time of year. I love the decorations, I love the food, and above all I love spending time with my family.
Are you the same way??
If so, keep reading!
I put together several ways for you to spend some quality time with your family and enjoy this season that is upon us. Pick and choose, or if you are really eager, do them all! I created a Bucket List you can use to keep track or just use this post for inspiration.
I hope that you are able to truly enjoy this fall season with your family!
Simple Ways to Enjoy Fall With Your Family
>>> Grab your FREE printable Bucket List to check off the activities as you do them!
For the kiddos
- Collect some leaves and make a simple leaf craft. Choose from one of these 18 fall leaf crafts for kids.
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your neighborhood. Here is a simple version with pictures – great for preschoolers. Here is a version for kiddos that can read.
- Jump in a leaf pile
- Make a pinecone bird feeder. This is a great craft and plus you can watch the birds that come eat off of your feeder too!
- Read fall themed books. Here are some of our favorites (click the cover to read more):
- Decorate Halloween shaped sugar cookies. If the kids are old enough they can also help you with the baking too!
- Decorate your home for the season. Here are 25 inexpensive ideas to try. Printables are one of my favorite ways to change up my decor for the seasons. I also made some of these pressed leaves a few years ago and bring them out every year.
- Drink a pumpkin spice latte (bonus if it’s homemade!) and take a stroll around town.
- Curl up with a cozy blanket and good book like this one, this one, this one, or one of these.
- Have a lazy afternoon watching football.
- If you are feeling more energetic play touch football with the kiddos.
For the family
- Visit an apple orchard and go apple picking. Bonus if you make apple pie or apple crisp with your produce.
- Visit a Pumpkin patch. Find one in your area.
- Go for a hike and enjoy the beautiful fall colors around you. Find a hike near you.
- Visit a haunted house (if you are brave enough!)
- Carve pumpkins with these 20 ideas or for younger kiddos decorate pumpkins with these 21 no-carve ideas.
- Go on a hay ride, haunted or not!
- Try out a corn maze.
>>> For even more ideas follow my Pinterest Board: Simple Fall Activities.
Don’t forget to grab your FREE Bucket List Printable!
What simple things do you do to enjoy the Fall season with your family?
Pin this post for later!
*Some of the links in this post are affiliate links.