I started this blog in February 2017 as a way to document some of what my family and I learn on our journey to living a simpler life. Although I have been blogging for several months I still feel very much like a newbie! I was so honored that this blog received a Liebster Award nomination by not one, but TWO amazing bloggers in the same week! TWO you guys! **cue the confetti**
The Liebster Award is an online, virtual award, given by bloggers to new bloggers. In translation, Liebster is Deutsche for dearest, beloved, or favorite. The award goes back to 2011, and is a way of sharing the love of fellow writers.
I am so excited that this message about living with less and enjoying a life of intention and fulfillment is getting out into the world!
To learn more about the award, click here. By choosing to accept the award, I’ll be sharing a little about my nominators, myself, one of my favorite blogs, and in the end, paying it forward to other new bloggers.
Thank you to my nominators!
I was so shocked and honored to receive a nomination from two fantastic new bloggers all within a week of each other!
My first nomination came from Jessica at College Study Smarts! Jessica’s blog is about helping working college students balance college requirements with the rest of their lives. Check out her blog for study tips and how to manage your precious time. Thank you Jessica! //Nomination Post
My second nomination came from Kristine (Kris) at KMB & Co.! She blogs all about Kuisine, Mind, and Body – aka KMB. She shares her fitness journey and what an inspiration she is! Go check out her site! Thank you Kris! //Nomination Post
Questions from nominators
Part of being nominated is to answer 10 question provided by the person that nominated you. These questions are intended to show who is behind the blog. Since I received two nominations I picked 5 questions from one and 6 from another. 🙂
- Of all the people in the world, whom would you like to have dinner with and why? This probably sounds cheesy but I would want to have dinner with my husband and two kiddos. I am the most comfortable and at ease with them!
- What is the purpose behind your blog? The purpose behind my blog is to share my journey with decluttering my space, time and mind. I hope to be an inspiration for others on their own journeys to living with less.
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned blogging? My biggest lesson is that blogging tasks are never ending, if you let them! I have had to learn what is important and what is not.
- If you would get a writer’s block, what would you look to for inspiration? I would probably go out for a walk or do something in nature! If I start to look at other blogs or social media I get the comparison bug for sure!
- Whats your favorite animal and why? I was never a pet person growing up, but we have a labradoodle (Homer) now and he’s definitely part of the family!
- Which do you hate worse during your workout schedule, arm day, or leg day? During the actual workout I hate arms, but afterwards I hate legs…..it’s so hard to move with sore legs!
- If you could be on a talk show, or a reality show, which would it be, and why? Oprah! She is so inspirational and kind!
- If you could live in any decade, which would it be? I love the fashion of roaring 20s!
- What is your stance on the TV show Cailou? Never seen it before! I literally had to just google it to see what it was. 🙂
- Who or what has been your biggest influence in your life? Definitely my mom.
- How do you balance privacy, personal life, and blogging? So far I have decided not to share personal info about my kiddos since they can’t really tell me if it would bother them. I use mostly stock photos so I am not sharing pictures of my family on my blog. I am just starting a business Instagram account so I haven’t decided how personal I will get! I try to be more personal in the stories I share on the blog and I will likely do the same on Instagram. Tough question!
10 random facts about me
- I love all things pumpkin spice!
- My husband and I are high school sweethearts.
- Our dog is named after Homer, Alaska, where we went on our honeymoon.
- I had 11 different addresses in the span of 6 years.
- Crafting is my jam – mostly knitting, crocheting, painting, and jewelry making. (Though I don’t get much time to do it these days…)
- I would rather do arts and crafts everyday with my kiddos than pretend play any day of the week.
- I like mountain biking in the summer and snow shoeing in the winter.
- I went skydiving for the first and last time during college.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and a master’s degree in supply chain.
- I also married an engineer so our kids have no chance at escaping our math genes. 🙂
One of my favorite blogs
One of the first blogs I read about simple living and minimalism was Be More With Less. I just really love Courtney’s soft approach to minimalism. She often talks about taking baby steps and extremely small things you can do to start living a life of less. Her blog is where I learned about developing a capsule wardrobe by following her Project 333 Challenge. She also has a new book, Soulful Simplicity, that I can’t wait to get my hands on!
My nominees for the Liebster Award
I had a blast picking out which blogs to nominate next for the Liebster Award, there are so many great new bloggers out there! I participate in a few Facebook groups for newbie bloggers and decided to share the love with a few of the members. There are a few in the simple living niche and a few in other niches as well. Here are my nominees:
CorinaTime – All about minimalism, home and family life and travel. She has a great freebie for completing the 30 day Mins Game.
Put The Kettle On – I love the name of this blog! Yolanda writes about living in the present moment and cherishing what we have in front of us. Topics include health, wellness, food, and cultivating a happy home.
These Lovely Acres – This blog is beautiful! I could just scroll through and look at the pretty pictures. The writers behind this blog are a sister duo from my home state of Michigan. They share ideas to live a simple, heathy, and happy lifestyle.
Mommin 365 – I like Stacey’s book recommendations for kiddos and the recipes she shares on her blog!
High Low Baby – Here, Kate reviews and writes about baby products across a wide range of prices. She helps you make informed and intentional decisions about what to buy for your baby.
Big Tiny Steps – Mandi’s tagline is “Healthy Living for Hot Messes” which is totally me! She breaks down healthy living so even I can understand it and apply what she teaches in my own life.
Traveling With Monkeys – Mykee writes about tips, tricks, and destinations for fun and meaningful family adventures. I definitely feel like I have a couple of monkeys with me while we are traveling. 🙂
Rainy Day Riches – Jaime provides tools and resources to help creative women find and start a business they will love. I can definitely use the biz tips!
Journeys to Simple – This blog is about living a toxin-free and minimalist lifestyle and eating vegan.
Diary of a Doting Mom – Shailaja shares tips on peaceful parenting, social media & blogging strategies, mindfulness & the writing process. A little bit of everything!
Here are your questions, nominees!
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
- What is your funniest joke?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and with whom?
- What is your favorite book or series?
- How do you balance blogging with the rest of your life?
- What is the one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
- What actor or actress would play you in the movie about your life?
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
- What is your favorite quote and by whom?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
Thank you and Congrats!
In conclusion, thank you so much to Jessica and Kris! And congrats to the new nominees. 🙂 I had so much fun reading about the person behind the blogs and am excited to read more in the future!
*Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links.